Repeat prescriptions for regular medications may be requested by telephoning our prescription line or via this website. Please remember this is for regular prescriptions only and not all prescriptions will be able to be requested this way. If you have any doubt, please talk to the practice nurse.
- Repeat prescription charge $24.00
- Urgent / Same day collection $32.00
The renewal of a regular prescription involves the doctor reviewing your medical records to consider if a renewal without a consultation is appropriate. It is not a substitute for a face to face consultation. You and your doctor will have agreed on the minimum interval between consultations for review of your regular medication. Typical intervals are three, six or twelve monthly. Age, complexity and number of health problems and medications all contribute to this decision.
- We will only telephone regarding your prescription if we need to ask you a question. We will endeavour to text you to advise your script has been faxed to the requested pharmacy or ready for collection.
- If a prescription is lost we will have to charge for a repeat prescription to be filled.
NB: DO NOT leave messages for urgent prescriptions on the on-line form. For an urgent prescription, please phone 04 801 5228 and ask to speak to a nurse.
If you are requesting a prescription by telephone please call our prescription line on 04 801 5228. Listen carefully to the instructions given and then leave a message when requested. Remember to speak slowly and clearly.
You will be asked to provide the following information
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Contact phone number
- Repeat medication your require
- Tell us if your prescription is to be collected from Courtenay Medical or faxed to a pharmacy and which pharmacy