Courtenay Medical is staffed by experienced nurses who use their knowledge and skill to provide you with the best care possible.
Using private consultation rooms, our nurses are able to consult one-on-one with you, for such things as travel assessment, health screening, cervical smears or lifestyle advice. A nurse consultation fee may apply.
If you have a chronic medical condition such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes or asthma, our nurses can greatly assist in helping you manage your condition.
Nursing services include, but not limited to
- Blood pressure checks
- Dressing changes and wound management
- Smears and sexual health screening (no charge - 19 years and under)
- Depo-Provera injections
- Quit smoking advice
- Long-term Conditions Programme
- Immunisations both funded and non-funded
- Liquid nitrogen for verrucae, skin lesions, warts and skin tags (after GP consultation)
- Travel health
- Aclasta infusions
- IV cannulations
- Diabetes and cardiovascular risk assessments including ECG’s
- Asthma education and Spirometry
- Eczema education
- Well child checks
- Ear syringing
- Drug screening
If you would like further information or would like to book an appointment to see the practice nurse please call us on 04 801 5228. We look forward to hearing from you.