We are welcoming new patients to enrol with Courtenay Medical – visitors, travellers, casual or permanent patients. Our relationship with you is built on trust, honesty and sharing of information.
General practice provides comprehensive primary, community-based and patient-centred health care to all patients. General practice services include the diagnosis, management and treatment of health conditions, continuity of health care throughout the lifespan, health promotion, prevention, screening and referral to hospital and specialists.
Let us guide you through the process
- Our preferred method is for you to download, print and complete the PDF forms below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them into us prior to arranging your first appointment
- Pre-registration allows us to obtain your general practice medical records before your first doctor’s appointment
- Come into the practice and one of our Receptionists will assist you with the process or
- Phone us and we will organise for the forms to be sent out to you
- To complete the registration process we will need to sight and copy photo identification
NB: You can only be enrolled with one Practice.
Please note that if you are not a New Zealand resident, you will need to provide evidence of your eligibility to receive government subsidised funding. If you are unsure of your eligibility for funding please refer to the link Ministry of Health/Guide to eligibility
Most general practice providers are affiliated to a PHO. Courtenay Medical is part of the Compass Health PHO www.compasshealth.org.nz
What is a PHO?
Primary Health Organisations (PHO) are the local structures for delivering and co-ordinating primary health care services. PHOs work to bring together doctors, nurses and other health professionals (such as Maori health workers, health promoters, dieticians, pharmacists, physiotherapists, mental health workers and midwives) in the community to serve the needs of their enrolled populations. PHOs receive a set amount of funding from the government to ensure the provision of a range of health services, including visits to the doctor.
Benefits of enrolling
You will receive subsidised consultations and have access to the range of external services that the PHO provides.
- You will help us to better understand your health concerns and improve the service we provide for your family.
- We can work with other services in the area to ensure that you and your family receive good quality healthcare.
- Enrolment is voluntary. If you choose not to enrol you will still be able to visit any of our Doctors but will have to pay the full non-subsidised fee.
What happens if I am not eligible to enrol?
Even if you are not eligible for funding you are still more than welcome to register with us. You will still receive the same high quality of care from our team. If your status changes and you become eligible to enrol contact us and we will follow the necessary steps to facilitate this.