Please tell our receptionists when you arrive for your appointment.
Our standard appointments are 15 minutes.
- Prioritise the things you wish to discuss
- Generally the doctor can cover 1-2 things during your 15 minute appointment time
- If you require a double appointment please let reception know at the time of making your appointment
- Medical examinations for special purposes e.g. employment, insurance, travel and diving require longer appointments
- An additional fee will apply for appointments longer than 15 minutes
- Payment for your consultation is required on the day
- A full range of our services and fees is available at Reception or on our website
Your first visit to Courtenay Medical will involve a 15 minute nurse appointment ( $20 ), followed by a 15 minute appointment with your Doctor ( normal GP Consultation fee ).
Please arrive on time or if possible a little early for your appointment so we can update any contact details that might have changed.
Unexpected urgent problems or emergencies affecting other patients will sometimes occur and may delay the time you see your doctor. If you think you have been waiting too long please tell one of our receptionists.
Each family member should have their own appointment time.
Please turn off your cell phone during consultation time.
All our patients have the right to have a chaperone present during examinations if they wish. You may wish to bring a support person with you or have a nurse chaperone. Please ask your doctor or practice nurse.